It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

IBMi build engine error

James Cole (9532630) | asked Jun 13 '13, 5:15 a.m.
Hi All,

I have an issue with the RTC IBM i build engine.

My builds was working fine and then all of a sudden I got the error message below in one of my builds:

* [ibmiPreBuild] at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:257)
* [ibmiPreBuild] at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:104)
* BUILD FAILED
* java.lang.Exception
* at com.ibm.teamp.build.ant.task.IBMIPreBuildTask.loadBuildSpecifications(IBMIPreBuildTask.java:640)
* at com.ibm.teamp.build.ant.task.IBMIPreBuildTask.preBuild(IBMIPreBuildTask.java:463)
* at com.ibm.teamp.build.ant.task.IBMIPreBuildTask.doExecute(IBMIPreBuildTask.java:214)
* at com.ibm.team.build.ant.task.AbstractTeamBuildTask.execute(AbstractTeamBuildTask.java:655)
* at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:288)
* at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
* at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)

Has anyone seen this error message before?

It is odd because I managed successfully rollback the "failed" change sets, re-deliver and successfully compile them without any error message.

Many Thanks

James

One answer

permanent link
jeff tickner (51710) | answered Jun 13 '13, 8:30 a.m.
 That looks like a missing or incorrect ibuild file error but if you were able to build right after that without messing with the iProjects build specifications then it wasn't missing. 
If you share the stream with other developers maybe they were delivering right then and it was allocated?
Just a guess.

Jeff Tickner
arcad software

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.