It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to deploy a report resource in RTC 4.0.3 by using a resource deployed in another Project Area?

Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | asked Jun 12 '13, 4:50 p.m.
How can I efficiently deploy a report resource which is already deployed in another Project Area?

One answer

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | answered Jun 12 '13, 4:50 p.m.
edited Jun 12 '13, 4:53 p.m.

Today I found a new functionality today, in V.4.0.3.

Now it is possible to deploy a report template to a Project Area (PA), where the source is another PA. This functionality saves uncountable hours for System Managers. MANY THANKS to the Report Component Team.

Now we can have the report templates in the master process PA. And all children PA's can deploy them by using the master PA as source. And additionaly, if you change the template on the master, it should automatically be updated on all consumers (that's written on the UI, I have not tested this yet.)

Why IBM is not writing this in the News and Noteworthy document I don't know. It's a fundmental enhancement for all who have more than two PA's.

Deploy new report

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.