It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 4+ digit durations error as "not a positive number?"

Joshua Giangrande (2611216) | asked Jun 12 '13, 11:20 a.m.
edited Jun 12 '13, 11:34 a.m.
Hi,

I'm trying to enter a value, in seconds, into a field of type "Duration." The value is 28800, the unit of time is seconds. I receive a little red x on the field with the message that "28800" is not a positive number, rather than converting the number to a combination of hours and/or minutes and/or seconds. If I enter 999 seconds, the value shows up as 16m 39s. Any value of 4 digits or higher errors out as not being positive. Obviously I could just convert to a different unit of measurement and get the value under 4 digits, but I'm also running imports and this is causing errors. I have also never seen this before in the 4+ other project areas I have imported data to. Any insights? I also have a few screenshots...

4 Digit Value:

Error Message when mousing over field:

Entering a 3 digit value causes no problems:

Thanks,
- Josh

Edit: Clarification

One answer

permanent link
Shubjit Naik (1.5k1613) | answered Jun 13 '13, 5:22 a.m.
edited Jun 13 '13, 5:27 a.m.
I tested on Eclipse Client with RTC 4.0.3 and it works fine if you enter 28880s as estimate value.

However, I can see the behavior you reported when entering estimate values through the Web Client, on 4.0.3.
I have raised a defect on your behalf and subscribed you.
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=268953

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.