It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to configure RLIA 1.0.0.1(Tasktop 2.6) to run as a service on Linux.

Christopher Robinson (571917) | asked Jun 12 '13, 9:03 a.m.
I am trying to configure the RLIA 1.0.0.1 (tasktop 2.6) to run as a service on Linux box.

On Windows it is installed as a service and pops-up a window with
needed UI to do any Tasktop Sync configurations and later provides a pop-up to return to normal.

On Linux, there is no way to do the similar operations.

When I get a GUI, then I need to dispose this to get back.
I can't put the GUI in the background.

I have also tried with XVBF. But when I launch using Xvbf, the display won't come.

So I am wondering how do I toggle between the tool UI and Service mode on Linux?

One answer

permanent link
Christopher Robinson (571917) | answered Jun 12 '13, 9:05 a.m.
An X Display with a GTK based desktop is required for running Tasktop Sync on a Linux machine.

They do not currently support running Tasktop Sync on a headless Linux server and have not tested running Tasktop Sync with the use of XVNC as a replacement for the standard X based desktop environments that are
normally used.

If you want to try to run Tasktop Sync on a machine with XVNC (vncserver) configured, you will also need to ensure that there is a windowing system installed (e.g. gnome) on the Linux server.

To connect to the Linux server from Windows, the admin will need to use a tool like TightVNC or RealVNC to connect to a XVNC server to provide the X Display access to the Linux server from the Windows machine where they will be able to start Tasktop Sync and manage it using the UI.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.