It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to add a new attribute to work items ?

Christian Lague (652) | asked Dec 16 '08, 4:57 p.m.
Hi,

I'm trying to add a new attributes (enumeration field) to the Story work item:

- Added a new enumeration via Project->Process Config->Config data->Work items->Enumerations

- Added a new attribute for Story type in Project->Process Config->Config data->Work items->Types and Attributes

How to go from there? Creating a new Story do not show the new attribute. I also tried to add a new presentation filed in the Editor Presentation, and still no show in the Work item.

Another question: once new attribute is added, will it appear in the new work items only, or also in the existing ones?

4 answers

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Dec 17 '08, 4:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi
I assume, you used your enumeration as attribute type in 'Types & Attributes'. When you add a presentation (to the correct editor, which is not the default editor for stories) and refer the attribute and 'Enumeration' as kind, the field should show up in new stories.
If something is misconfigured regarding presentations, you should get an additional Tab 'Custom Attributes' in the editor where the enumeration appears.

Existing items will not get the attribute until you execute the 'Synchronize Attributes' action on them. The easiest way is to make a query for stories without that attribute, select them all in the work item explorer and execute that action from the context menu of the Type column (where the type icon is displayed).

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

permanent link
Jay Graham (4643) | answered Dec 24 '08, 10:40 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Marcel.

I have RTC 1.0.1. I would like to be able to update existing work items (Defects) with a newly added custom attribute. But I do not see a Synchronize Attributes option when selecting a work item in the Work Items view in the Eclipse client. I am not looking in the correct spot?

Thanks.

Jay

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Jan 05 '09, 2:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Jay
The synchronize action is only available from the context menu of the 'Type' column (which has no label, but shows the type icons). Be sure that your query result layout includes this column.

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

permanent link
Jay Graham (4643) | answered Jan 05 '09, 4:38 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, selecting the menu from the Type column worked.

Thanks.

Jay

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.