It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to login into WebSphere Application server of RTC

Faizal Rahman (821014) | asked Jun 11 '13, 8:35 a.m.

We are using RTC 4.0 version and when i try to login into Websphere application server of RTC, getting the below error.

Please help me to locate the issue.

com.ibm.ws.sm.workspace.WorkSpaceException: WKSP0011E Unable to create existing session id file /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/Dmgr/wstemp/-791806762/workspace/.workspace_6c7fAl1qnZdJzG8gwO1lp79 --java.io.IOException: No such file or directory

3 answers

permanent link
Shubjit Naik (1.5k1613) | answered Jun 11 '13, 8:45 a.m.
You can try clearing the temp folder.

1) Stop WAS
2) Remove all files from "/opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/Dmgr/wstemp/"
3) Restart WAS

Found a WAS technote on this:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21455209

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Jun 11 '13, 8:48 a.m.
Hello Fazal,

I am assuming you are not able to log into the WebSphere administrative console.  The first thing I would attempt is the following:
1. Stop WebSphere
2. Clear out the following temp directories
<WebSphere_Install_Root>\profiles\(profile_name)\wstemp
<WebSphere_Install_Root>\profiles\(profile_name)\temp
<WebSphere_Install_Root>\profiles\(profile_name)\config\temp
3. Clear out the RTC and WebSphere logs located at
<WebSphere_Install_Root>\profiles\(profile_name)\logs
In this directory there will be two sub directories \ffdc and \(server_name) ... either remove or rename these directories.  During startup WebSphere will recreate.
Also the jts.log, ccm.log ext are located in this directory.  May be a good idea to remove these as well so that we have a clean set of logs when restarting WebSphere
4. Restart WebSphere
5. IF the issue persists, open a PMR against WebSphere and upload the WebSphere logs to the PMR.  This way the WebSPhere admin team can look into this issue.

permanent link
Faizal Rahman (821014) | answered Jun 12 '13, 1:25 a.m.

Hi Shubjit & Abraham,

Thanks for your answers. Yes. the issue was due to space issue in RTC. Cleared some space and it's working fine.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.