It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to add new category in State Groups (in addition to Closed, Open, In Progresss)?

ryosuke oka (17984648) | asked Jun 11 '13, 7:13 a.m.
Hi My client need to create a new state group in order to avoid automatic value set of "Resolver" and "Resolved date".
They do not want to set these value automatically when some state were selected.
I had checked this behavior and found Whenever status with Closed group is selected "Resolver" will be set current users and "Resolved date" will be set the time of changing status.

Dose anyone know how to add a new category in State Group?
Is it possible to do?

3 answers

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered Jun 11 '13, 8:14 a.m.
As far as I know, Categories for State Groups are internally managed and cannot be created.

Comments
ryosuke oka commented Jun 12 '13, 10:34 p.m.

thank you for the comment.
That what I thought.

I can probably modify a category in process configuration source but It did not seems to be working.

permanent link
Erwin Kunz (94686986) | answered Jun 12 '13, 7:11 a.m.
edited Jun 12 '13, 7:18 a.m.
Hi
There is now way to modify/extend the categories as far I know. Perhaps you can cover your need by adding State Groups. I did not understand exactly what the issue is. Perhaps you're able to give some more details.

It's quite easy to create new state groups. Note that there is only one set of state group for all Work Item Types.
You will also see your new state group on a Taskboard View of a Plan.
Add state groups

Comments
ryosuke oka commented Jun 12 '13, 10:37 p.m.

Thank you for the comment.

I know we can add new state group but it dose not help.
what we wanted to do is to create a new state with a new category other than Open, Closed, and In Progress.

It does not seems to be possible.

sam detweiler commented Jun 12 '13, 11:36 p.m.

what other group would u create? OSLC states are the three listed.
what else could it be?

permanent link
Pavithra Kasturirangan (42955956) | answered Oct 20 '14, 6:09 a.m.
I have a use case to add a new category..
The icon for the different workitems on the Links section in workitem seems to work based on the three categories Open, In-Progress and Closed. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.