It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC self dependency enumeration attribute

alan Situ (111) | asked Jun 08 '13, 8:27 p.m.

I want to do the following, but no idea how to... anyone has idea? Thanks!

Define a new work item attribute, named "QC Status". And enumeration value setting is: "new, open, assigned, fixed, closed".
What I want to do is, defect value set to "new" (i am ok for this part), and  when value of QC Status is "new", only value: "open" and "assigned" are available for chosen in the drop down list;

After select one value , for example, "assinged", then save it. Then at this moment, current value is "assigned", and only "fixed" and "closed" are avilabe fo chosen.

It is quite similar about the 2 attribute dependency enumeration, but here it is for one attribute only...the available list depends on the current value of the attribute.

Thanks a lot!

One answer

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered Jun 10 '13, 10:04 a.m.
Hi Alan, I am not sure if I understand, but this sounds like this is better achieved via dependent enumeration using 2 attributes. Here is another post where I tried to explain the same probably.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.