It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Custom RTC system time attribute is editable in Eclipse client only but not in Web browser, is it true?

Dmitry A. Lesin (24825896) | asked Jun 07 '13, 3:39 a.m.

Hello!

I have found a strange behavior in Rational Team Concert trying to create custom system time attributes. The problem is that this attribute is editable in Rational Team Concert Eclipse Client with a convinient wizard (sorry for non-Enlish data in the image):

In RTC the system time attribute is editable

As for RTC Web Client, I can not edit these attributes in any way:

In RTC Web client the attributes are read only

May be somebody solved this problem? How to get editable custom date and time in Web client? I know exactly that the date wizards are working for such attributes but not in my case.

Thank you a lot in advance!

Comments
Eric Jodet commented Jun 07 '13, 4:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Dmitry,

may you please tell us the exact type of your custom attribute?
(and RTC version)
Thanks
Eric.

Dmitry A. Lesin commented Jun 07 '13, 4:49 a.m.

Hello Eric,
Thank you for help! Shubjit pointed me how to solve the problem. I used "Constraint Date" instead of "Timestamp" creating the attribute presentation. May be it will be helpful for others, I will post here a screenshot how it must be created to avoid the problem:
Point timestamp to edit date attributes in RTC Web Client
And answering your question, the version of RTC is 4.0.1.
Thank you!

Eric Jodet commented Jun 07 '13, 4:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Glad your issue is fixed now, Dmitry.

Thanks.
Eric.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shubjit Naik (1.5k1613) | answered Jun 07 '13, 4:04 a.m.
From a quick test if the presentation Kind is set to Time Stamp it is editable in both Eclipse and web client.

Dmitry A. Lesin selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Dmitry A. Lesin commented Jun 07 '13, 4:41 a.m.

Hello Shubjit,
Yes, you are right at all. I used "Constraint Date" instead of "Timestamp". Now it works excellent!
Thank you!

One other answer

permanent link
Abhinav Mishra (1443039) | answered Apr 23 '14, 4:55 a.m.
If we use "Timestamp",then while fetching the report it generate the value with some default time also.how to omit that..?? 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.