It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

work item custom attribute initial problem

pan radek (322) | asked Jun 06 '13, 4:00 p.m.
I have custom attribute based on Story Points build in attribute (template Scrum). When I create my Work Item then my custom field shows error with message 'choosen value is incorrect'. After save field (listbox) get completly flat and dimmed. This same happens for built in attribute Story Points, hmmm.

I am in stuck with this because I check almost everything together with synchronization and found nothing. Please help.

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Jun 07 '13, 2:47 a.m.

Could you send the script you are using?

pan radek commented Jun 07 '13, 3:35 a.m.

Krzysztof, you mean the source of the process template?

Dinesh Kumar B commented Jun 07 '13, 5:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

process template will be useful to analyze this...
since you say after save, the field gets dimmed, probably an operation advisor is marking the attribute read-only in specific state..

is the value retained or even the value is lost?

2 answers

permanent link
pan radek (322) | answered Jun 07 '13, 10:48 a.m.
God's sake. Ok, I found little diffrence in my customized template to original one.

my: ...name="Story Points" type="Complexity"/>
orig: ...name="Story Points" type="complexity"/>

Change Complexity>complexity solve my problem completly.

This small bug consume a lot of time to find. I still don't know how it was possible. I see that work with RTC should be very careful. Maybe I duplicated Complexity enumaration, used, and the deleted and back to original Complexity...I don't remember...but why RTC doesn't refresh that simply things. This is very annoying.

Thanks to you folks that you put me on the right track :)

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Jun 07 '13, 3:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am not sure if I fully understand your requirement
but
I see from the Scrum template that Story Points is a custom attribute of type Complexity (Enumeration).  

Did you create another attribute of type Complexity? 
In that case, please pick Complexity Enumeration and not Complexity Enumeration List as the type. 

Also, modify the Plan Attribute > Complexity Attribute to pick your custom attribute.

Comments
pan radek commented Jun 07 '13, 4:39 a.m.

Yes you are right, Story Point is a custom attribute but built in.

I have created another attribute of type Complexity.
My custom attribute has Complexity (Enumeration) as the type. Also in Editor presentation the type is enumeration.
What I see I on the list of types I do not have possibility for Complexity Enumeration List as the type so I can't even choose wrong type.

In the Planning>Plan Attributes I got the information that configuration is possible only via process configuration source. I will check it, maybe I found there something wrong.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.