It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Client failing to connect to server

Matthew Bradshaw (51315) | asked Jun 06 '13, 10:42 a.m.
Trying to connect the RTC client to jazz and I'm getting this error message.

The server is running and I am logged in as that user in the web so they have the right credentials.  The client is the exact same version as the server (4.0) and I have rebooted everything plus reinstalled the RTC client. 

I have had this working in a different copy of the same VM previously, which is now having the same problem. 

Any ideas?

Comments
Karl Weinert commented Jun 06 '13, 11:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

What version of Java are you using?
If you are not sure open the eclipse.ini in the install directory
Look for the -vm argument
run java.exe -version against the java.exe in that directory.

Shubjit Naik commented Jun 06 '13, 11:21 a.m. | edited Jun 06 '13, 11:21 a.m.

To confirm, are you logging in through the web on the same machine as the RTC Client?

Since it is the GADO setup, I know we have to add an entry for the hostname and IP in the hosts file.

Matthew Bradshaw commented Jun 06 '13, 11:33 a.m.

It is all on the same machine, apache, web browser and eclipse client.  The host file is configured so gado.rtp.raleigh.ibm.com points to localhost.

Java version for the eclipse instance is in

C:\IBM\TeamConcert\jdk\jre and it is version 1.6.0

Piotr Aniola commented Jun 06 '13, 11:38 a.m.

Is there an error message/stack trace generated in <workspace>/.metadata/.log file when you are attempting to connect?

Matthew Bradshaw commented Jun 07 '13, 4:11 a.m.

!ENTRY com.ibm.team.repository.client.login.KeyStoreLoginInfo 1 800 2013-06-06 16:21:40.056
!MESSAGE CRJAZ1887I The list of certificates available in the Windows-MY KeyStore could not be read. If you'd like to access the certificates from that key store, make sure that you are running with a JVM that supports reading from that key store.
!STACK 0
com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.AuthenticationException: Error initializing the key store.
    at com.ibm.team.repository.client.login.KeyStoreLoginInfo.loadKeyStore(KeyStoreLoginInfo.java:212)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.client.login.KeyStoreLoginInfo.initializeKeyStore(KeyStoreLoginInfo.java:166)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.client.login.KeyStoreLoginInfo.getKeyStore(KeyStoreLoginInfo.java:123)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.client.login.KeyStoreLoginInfo.collectAliases(KeyStoreLoginInfo.java:80)
    at com.ibm.team.repository.client.login.KeyStoreLoginInfo.getAliases(KeyStoreLoginInfo.java:96)

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shubjit Naik (1.5k1613) | answered Jun 07 '13, 5:49 a.m.
Found the following forum topic on the similar error due to the certificates

Click Window>Preferences>General>Security>Secure Storage>Content > expand "Default Decure Storage"and delete the com.ibm.team.auth.info
Try connecting again
Matthew Bradshaw selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Matthew Bradshaw commented Jun 07 '13, 6:00 a.m.

Thanks, after reading the error log i was pointed to i cleared everything in the stored passwords, turned it off and reconnected perfectly.

Thanks!!

Bo Chulindra commented Jun 07 '13, 11:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is odd, I wonder how the keystore was able to made RTC unable to contact the server. Also, I just now noticed the text in your error dialog. It says something like

Address family not supported by protocol family: connect

2 other answers

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Jun 06 '13, 10:52 a.m.
Please try checking if you have any proxies defined in Eclipse:
Window->Preferences->General->Network Connections.

Comments
Matthew Bradshaw commented Jun 06 '13, 11:34 a.m.

This is what the network preferences looked like when i opened it

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Jun 06 '13, 11:08 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is there a Proxy, you might have to check Eclipse settings in that case.  Preferences > General > Network Connections : here is more help on it - http://help.eclipse.org/juno/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.user%2Freference%2Fref-net-preferences.htm

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.