It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work item Priority change on draging action in plan

Ashwath G (6623550) | asked Jun 06 '13, 10:35 a.m.
Hello,

We are using RTC 4.0, we are facing an issue while prioritizing the work items in the plan.The issue looks like below.

When the work items has been created with different priorities in the backlog plan,and when we try to give ranking to the work items by dragging on the top the work item priority is getting changed to "HIGH".

If Only first work item gets the higher priority then it make sense but if i move five out of ten WI ,all are getting assigned with high priority which is not acceptable.

Am i need to do any process configuration settings? or any work around.

Please let me know if any of you come across the similar problem.

Thank you
Ashwath

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jun 06 '13, 11:35 a.m.

We see the same behavior, I don't think this is an error

I keep asking my users:

If you put the workitem at the top of the list,  isn't it priority 1?
Why would you have a priority 3 item ranked before a priority 1 item?

One answer

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Jun 06 '13, 10:45 a.m.
edited Jun 06 '13, 10:50 a.m.
It works like this:
If you move any workitem (or a number of workitems) *above* another workitem of a higher priority, the priority of the workitems you moved is adjusted.
This is because you don't want to have lower priority workitems higher on the list, and higher priority workitems lower on the list. In a way, the priority is adjusted so that the list is always sorted by priority, no matter how you move the workitems.

It is by design.
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.team.concert.tutorial.doc/topics/tut_agile_plan_create_product_backlog.html&scope=null

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.