It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 4.0.1:can we filter visible items based on the selected item in one attribute?

Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | asked Jun 06 '13, 1:50 a.m.
Use case is:

Custom Attribute, named customer list. And Enumeration value setting is like A1, A2, A3, A4, A5,A6,A7,A8. What I want to do is, when value of
customer list  is A1, only value A3, A4, A5 are visible, other possible value are invisible; When value of customer list is A3 we have other possible value visible for "A3" status only... (quite similar about the 2 attribute dependency enumeration, but here it is for one attribute only). This is similar to Workflow when one state is selected, the subsequent options are limited and so on.

Is there any way can achieve the above? Thanks.

One answer

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered Jun 06 '13, 5:53 a.m.
The javascript attribute customization options will not work as there are no options to set the attribute dependency to itself and the script may not fire on any value change.

In my opinion, this logic is not a good one. If you don't have a way to go back a select another value incase of a mistake or something then it is not user friendly. For example, if you select A1 and that only lists A3,A4,A5 then how will you select A6 or A7, if selecting A1 was a mistake ? For the same reason, I think, it is better to achieve this using two attributes.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.