It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RFT Adapters not found for all the Test Cases(Scripts) form a Test Suite Execution Record execution request

Leandro David (721719) | asked Jun 05 '13, 6:22 p.m.
Hi,

When I select to run a Test Suite that contains about 35 Test Cases , each one with one RFT test script associated, just 7 of the 35 scripts have an RFT Adapter identified.

I have 2 RFT Adapters available to run the scripts in parallel.

When running it manually form RQM web interface, thats not a big deal, I can select the adapters mannualy for each script.

But I'm trying to use RQM Execution Tool to start the execution from command line and them just the 7 scripts with an adapter identified are automatically started. The other test cases are not started.

Any help ? I don't know why those 7 scripts have an Adapter identified and the others not.

Comments
Deepa Doraswamy commented Jun 07 '13, 6:10 a.m. | edited Jun 07 '13, 6:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Leandro,
1. Do the testcases that haven't started have the same adapter as the other seven scripts and hence queued or they don't have any adapter defined?
2. If you go to your project properties -> Execution Preferences, what are the options set for the adapter related preference?
3. Does the suite have a testcell set?
4. Is a favorite machine specified on the scripts?
5. Are the same set of scripts facing the issue consistently?

Thanks,
Deepa

Leandro David commented Jun 07 '13, 9:21 a.m.

Hi Deepa, Thanks for your help, follow the answers

1. Do the testcases that haven't started have the same adapter as the other seven scripts and hence queued or they don't have any adapter defined?
I imported all scripts from the same adapter, but those that are not imported don't have any adapter defined in the "Run Test Suite" windows when I hit the run link

2. If you go to your project properties -> Execution Preferences, what are the options set for the adapter related preference?
I don't see Execution Preferences or adapter options, maybe because I'm not an admin in the projet area, I asked another guy with admin privileges to check it for me

3. Does the suite have a testcell set?
No. Should it have one? I'm not clear on when and why use a test cell, never used tis feature.

4. Is a favorite machine specified on the scripts?
No. But it is also not specified for the scripts that are running fine

5. Are the same set of scripts facing the issue consistently?
Yes

Leandro David commented Jun 07 '13, 9:48 a.m.

Attaching the screenshot with the execution properties. Should we change anything ?

Leandro David commented Jun 07 '13, 10:18 a.m.

I'm trying to add the machine running RFT Adapter to a test cell but I have no idea on how to do it. When I create a new test cell there is no option to select that machine or adapter as part of the test cell.
The adapter appears in the Lab Resources list but doesn't seem to be available to be part of a test cell. What am I missing ???

3 answers

permanent link
Leandro David (721719) | answered Jun 14 '13, 8:16 p.m.
Hi, that worked. Using the find button I could add the RFT adapters to the Test Cell. Also tried to trigger an execution with RQM Execution Tool and it worked fine with the test cell associated to the test suite.

The find button is enabled just after a checkbox is selected. This is weird from a user perspective. I'll open an RFE to change that.

But anyway my problem is solved.

Thanks a lot for the help.

permanent link
Deepa Doraswamy (4712) | answered Jun 14 '13, 9:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

permanent link
Deepa Doraswamy (4712) | answered Jun 14 '13, 9:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Leandro,
When you create  a testcell( LabManagement -> create test cell), under the Labresources section you will see a + icon. On clicking on that a row gets created. If you select the checkbox, you will notice  a finder icon getting enabled. On hover, it should say "Find a lab resource for the selected row". If you click on that, you should see the resources getting listed there.
Please let me know if that works.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.