It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Setting up jazz to use our inter SMTP server

Bryan Hunt (4463213) | asked Aug 27 '07, 12:02 p.m.
Could someone from the jazz team or other IBMer please email me the
teamserver.properties for setting up jazz to talk to our internal SMTP
server? I set it up as I thought it should be, but email notifications
don't seem to be working. My internal email is acme at us dot ibm dot
com.

Thanks

Bryan

6 answers

permanent link
Gabriel Castro (1216) | answered Aug 28 '07, 9:02 a.m.
Notifications started working here too. If you setup all the values properly and use one of the notes servers it seems to work well.

permanent link
Shawn Lauzon (38174) | answered Aug 27 '07, 6:34 p.m.
Ahh that's exactly the problem. You don't get notifications on changes you make yourself, which makes complete sense. Too bad I didn't figure it out until just now. Notifications seem to be working for me.

permanent link
Shawn Lauzon (38174) | answered Aug 27 '07, 6:08 p.m.
How do you know if the notifications are working or not? I am subscribed to an item and I make changes to it, but I still don't see any notifications. Do notifications not get sent out if the person subscribed is the one making the change?

permanent link
Harleen Sahni (6642) | answered Aug 27 '07, 3:35 p.m.
postoffice.btv.ibm.com works for us.

I specified actual valid values for the rest of the fields, except for password which I just set to password.

permanent link
Shawn Lauzon (38174) | answered Aug 27 '07, 2:13 p.m.
Add another "me too". I am setup to connect to na.relay.ibm.com, which does not require an SSL connection. However, if you do not specify a user/password, you get failures in the notify component. I have Enhancement 29669 opened for this (planned for 0.6 M3).

To get around this, I hacked the Mailer code to not require the user/password, and I _think_ I get the javax.mail code correct. I no longer get the failures in the log (because of empty user/password), but it doesn't seem to be even going through the code path any more, that I can tell. If I get something to work, I will add more to this thread.

Bryan and others: Have you looked in your server log to see if there are any errors?

shawn.

permanent link
Gabriel Castro (1216) | answered Aug 27 '07, 12:26 p.m.
I too would like to know how to get this working. I tried using the torolab Notes servers as SMTP but nothing goes out.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.