It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do i add a document i created in the rtc web ui to a task so i can link it to an RRC artifact

jeanie Keen (132023) | asked Jun 05 '13, 6:00 p.m.
How do i add a document i created in the RTC Web UI to a task so i can link it to an RRC artifact, or is there a best practice? 

One answer

permanent link
Aradhya K (1.4k44345) | answered Jun 06 '13, 5:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you have created a change set to deliver the document to the source control then you can associate this change set to a task and eventually this task can be associated to the RRC artifact.

Comments
jeanie Keen commented Jun 06 '13, 2:24 p.m. | edited Jun 06 '13, 2:30 p.m.

how do i get to the change set to associate it with the work item.  I opened up the new file and checked the history.  I opened up the change set but there is no name or anything making it specific enough for me to look it up.  Is there a query i can run to see all change sets?

Tim Mok commented Jun 06 '13, 2:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Ideally, you would be associating your task when you initially added/modified your document in the web UI. You cannot associate a work item to a change set after the fact.

There are some ways you can get around this:

1. Add a precondition that forces changes to be associated with a work item (only helps for future situations)
2. Link to the change set URI instead of a work item
3. Create the link in a rich client like Eclipse

jeanie Keen commented Jun 06 '13, 4:17 p.m.

yes i found the precondition on the eclipse client.  But our client does not want to use eclipse to manage documents they want to use the web.  Which i am looking for the precondition for the web, i was able to apply it in eclipse but it is not working on the web side.  Any idea where i can find it?

Tim Mok commented Jun 06 '13, 4:39 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Are you adding the client-side precondition or the server-side one? The server-side precondition will apply across all clients.

jeanie Keen commented Jun 06 '13, 5:28 p.m. | edited Jun 07 '13, 9:45 a.m.

Thanks i did not realize there was a client and a server.  I did the client first then updated the server and it is working....

Awesome thanks so much for your help

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.