It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rational Insight/RTC ETL data load issue

Naweed Jaulim (632732) | asked Jun 05 '13, 6:21 a.m.
edited Jun 05 '13, 6:21 a.m.

Hi,

I have noticed that a lot of fields(~e.g priority, seveiry, etc) are coming up with a value of -1 in my RIODS.Request Table in the Datawarehouse even thought the values are correctly set up in RTC and the ETC job has run successfully

Any pointers to what I should be looking at for troubleshooting?

I am currently using rational Insight 1.1.1.1 with RTC 4.0.2. Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Naweed

Accepted answer

permanent link
VK L (8177155159) | answered Jun 05 '13, 6:29 a.m.
 Hi Naweed,
                    You can check the ETL Job setup to see if the design includes these fields & maybe, you can try to run the full load job once - as it will load all the changes.

Thanks.
Naweed Jaulim selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Naweed Jaulim commented Jun 05 '13, 7:05 a.m.

Hi,

Thanks for the response, I have checked the ODS ETL job(RTC_WorkItem3.0.1.2) and it does have the fields included and I have even ran the full data load without any luck.

Anything in particular I should be looking?

Thanks.

VK L commented Jun 05 '13, 7:13 a.m.

Hi,

I am not sure if the ETL Job-set for 4.0 is different. Any other fields updated with data? 

Naweed Jaulim commented Jun 11 '13, 5:25 a.m.

This is now resolved - the resoutce_group_id was getting truncated resulting in an empty dataset being passed to the lookups.

One other answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Jun 05 '13, 7:50 a.m.
edited Jun 05 '13, 7:51 a.m.
Hello Naweed,

I would advise to check your ETL log files, starting by the one with a name similar to this:
Job_RTC_Workitem4_0_1_####.log
where #### is a progressive number for each run.
If you find any error, you should get an indication of the next log file you have to check to get more details.

The ETL logs can be found in the [Insight Install Directory] /cognos/datamanager/log folder if executed from the report server or in the [ RRDIDevTools Install Directory] /cognos/datamanager/log if executed from the Data Manager Client.

Best Regards
Francesco

Comments
Naweed Jaulim commented Jun 05 '13, 8:31 a.m.

Hi Francesco,

The logs shows the jobs as completing successfully with the correct number of inserts when new work items are created and even shows updates too.

It seems that in the transformation job of the RTC_Workitem_XX job, all derived fields(e.g priorityid, severityid, type, etc are not being updated. Unfortunately the logs are not giving me any info on this.

Francesco Chiossi commented Jun 05 '13, 10:09 a.m.

Hello Naweed,

do you mean that if you create a new work item and then run the ETL, you can see a new record in RIODS.REQUEST with the work item information, but some fields are populated with -1?
Could you provide some examples of which columns are correctly populated and which are not?

Best Regards
Francesco

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.