It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there any way for a user to get email with a WorkItem is assigned to that user?

Eli Shuster (1145) | asked Jun 04 '13, 2:24 p.m.

I was wondering if this can be done via any other mechanism than the Event Handlers.

If not can someone point me to some good documenation for this since I have never attempted it.

Comments
Aradhya K commented Jun 05 '13, 1:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

If the developer is using the My work view in Eclipse then any new work item that is assigned shows up in the inbox section and the My Work has a way to inform the user that a new task is added.

2 answers

permanent link
Eli Shuster (1145) | answered Jun 05 '13, 9:34 a.m.

Both answers are good answers but my users are not using eclipse and they do not want to add themselves to the subscriber list.. 

I guess I will have to setup even handling..

Has anyone done this

permanent link
Rajat Singh (59833545) | answered Jun 05 '13, 1:38 a.m.

While assigning the workitem to user, let the assigner add the user under subscription list. This way the user gets email notifications on any update hapeening on that workitem.

Best Regards
Rajat

Comments
Jeff Care commented Jun 05 '13, 7:52 a.m.

Isn't the assigned user automatically a subscriber? If not they should be. Having to assign someone a WI AND manually add them as a subscriber is tedious & stupid.

Eli Shuster commented Jun 05 '13, 9:33 a.m.

No they are not

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.