It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it ok to create my DB2 database for CLM with the 'restrictive' flag?

Josh Crawford (984615) | asked Jun 04 '13, 1:41 p.m.
edited Jun 04 '13, 1:44 p.m.
My DBA's use the restrictive as part of our process to create all of our DB2 databases.  I notice the CLM infocenter instructions do not mention if this is ok.  Should I be concerned? 

The restrictive option is documented here:
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v9r7/topic/com.ibm.db2.luw.admin.cmd.doc/doc/r0001941.html

And defined as:
RESTRICTIVE
If the RESTRICTIVE option is present it causes the restrict_access database configuration parameter to be set to YES and no privileges or authorities are automatically granted to PUBLIC. If the RESTRICTIVE option is not present then the restrict_access database configuration parameter is set to NO and privileges are automatically granted to PUBLIC. For information about privileges, see: "Default privileges granted on creating a database".

One answer

permanent link
Josh Crawford (984615) | answered Jun 04 '13, 1:42 p.m.
 At this time there are no known issues with the use of that flag for database creation.  None of the CLM applications including the reporting tools require public access to the database so this flag should be safe to use. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.