It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

importing an RFT script from an external sources looses the adapter type

Silvia Mesturino (1162429) | asked Jun 04 '13, 9:47 a.m.
Can somebody help ? We have test scripts of type Rational Functional Tester on a local source and on an external source. While importing the script from the internal source preserves the adapter type, in case of the external source this is converted to RQM-KEY-CMD-APTR-TYPE-NAME (which is command line). Can somebody tell me how we can set the adapter type ?

2 answers

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Jun 11 '13, 9:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Silvia,
When you perform a Test Script import from the QM GUI (Construction -> Import -> Test Script) there will be a drop-down menu regardless on whether you are importing from a local resource or shared resource
The default will be 'Command Line' (as seen below)
You would need to select 'Rational Functional Tester' from the drop-down list to set the adapter type...could it be that these were imported as Command line type (i.e the RFT was not selected)?

Test Script Import

permanent link
Deepa Doraswamy (4712) | answered Jun 06 '13, 5:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Silvia,
I wasn't able to reproduce this on the latest version of RQM. Which version of RQM are you on? When you are importing the scripts, there is a drop down to select the adapter type on top. Did you choose RFT there?
Thanks,
Deepa

Comments
Silvia Mesturino commented Jun 11 '13, 8:37 a.m.

We are using QM 4.0.2 (I20130223_0049). No, there is no drop down to select the adapter. The dialog looks very different from the one used for local resources.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.