It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Quality Manager DB Tables and BIRT

Rafael Rodriguez Montes (23013126247) | asked Jun 03 '13, 4:58 p.m.
 Hi, 
Im working with custom queries because I need to create custom reports using BIRT, but is dificult work with the tables of database of QM, I waste time looking how works the cubes, Exist documentation about the database of Quality Manager ? and how create a custom queries for BIRT ( Create advance Data set),

Thank you I appreciate your help. 

Comments
Guilherme Silva commented Sep 03 '13, 7:32 a.m.

Hi Rafael,

How did you manage to create custom queries in RQM?
I need a simple query/view that includes custom fields. Do you have any references on how to do that?

Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented Sep 03 '13, 10:51 a.m.

Hi Guilherme,
I had to use RDDI 2.0.1 because if you want to use BIRT, may you could spend several time, so my recommendation is to install RDDI in the same server or other, and perform the integration with QM, and you able to include the costume field values and metadata.
is easier to do. 

One answer

permanent link
Jun Wang (6077) | answered Jun 03 '13, 11:41 p.m.
Hi, we do not suggest customization of BIRT reports, please considering RRDI or Rational Insight to customize reports.
As your said, the tables that you can see in BIRT data sets are hard to understand for the non-developers, and you can not add new fields missing into the available virtual snapshot tables that requires to modify our source code. In general, we do not suggest user do it and RRDI reporting is for customization.

Comments
Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented Jun 04 '13, 3:40 p.m.

even for developers, for example, Im trying to get the list of test results in real time, I'm using LIVE_EXEC_RESULT table, and I need to get the date of execution, but I see integer values in this attributes, so how can I interpret ? exit others tables with fields in date format bur in this case no, so how can I get in real time ?

Jun Wang commented Jun 05 '13, 5:04 a.m.

Sorry, I just checked that it is a defect of our code. :-)
We defined the type of the two fields to Long type instead of Timestamp. I also tried to use "new Date(The long time)" to translate the long value to the date time type in BIRT template, but it is still incorrect. I will create a defect against it later.
The start time and end time of a TCER's current result is correct in LIVE_EWI table, if you just need to report TCER's current result not all results, you could use this table. If you would like to report start time and end time of all test case results, please create a PMR or escalation for us, then I could provide a test fix for you.

Jun Wang commented Jun 05 '13, 5:15 a.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.