It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Who do I filter on the primary text field in RRC / DOORs Next Generation?

Joe Gariano (8813137) | asked Jun 03 '13, 12:50 p.m.
I'm using RM 4.0.2 (i.e. RRC or DOORS Next Generation).  I want to create a view that shows me all requirements of a certain type that has the string "TBD" in the primary text field.  I know how to create a view that filters on string contained in other fields (e.g. the name field or other custom fields).  But I don't see an option to filter on the primary text.  I'm be surprised if you can't do this somehow.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

3 answers

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Jun 04 '13, 1:36 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Joe,

This feature is not available.  There are some work item records related to this.  The following is an enhancement request that also links to a story record.  Please make comments and subscribe to the story work items to see updates.

Enhancement 44918: ability to filter by primary text string value
https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=44918

Story 52569: As a web client user, I will be able to filter requirements primary text within modules, collections and all-artifacts view   
https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=52569

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered Jun 04 '13, 2:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 04 '13, 2:52 p.m.
Joe,

The following suggestion doesn't function as an official view filter, but you can enter the primary text you are searching for in the Quick Search box in the top-right corner of your screen and receive a list of artifacts which contain this content. 

It looks like the query to perform this action is supported in the code, but is not made public through the Filter mechanism (most likely for performance reasons).

Hope this helps,
Mike Jaworski

permanent link
Robert Rice (111) | answered Mar 16 '16, 7:53 p.m.

I was able to filter for Primary Text containing a string using Report Builder.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.