It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

scm deliver command is requesting every time a comment, workitem or change set

Sergio González (345) | asked Jun 03 '13, 5:45 a.m.
I am trying to execute the next command:
scm deliver -r https://MyServer:9443/ccm/ -u USER -P PASSWORD -s WorkSpace_Name
because I want to deliver every change in my WorkSpace to the stream by default. But I receive the next message:

Nombre: Entregar
Informes de participante:
Nombre: Conjuntos de cambios descriptivos
Es necesario asociar un elemento de trabajo o solicitud de cambio con el conjunto de cambios o debe configurarse un comentario.
"It is necessary associate an work item or change request with change set or you must set a comment"
Problema al ejecutar 'deliver':
Ha fallado 'Entregar'. No se han cumplido las condiciones previas: Es necesario asociar un elemento de trabajo o solicitud de cambio con el conjunto de cambios o debe configurarse un comentario.

I check the options for scm deliver command, and I have not found options related neither comments or workitem. For that I tried using "-c 1020" option (This is my change set name), but I continue with the same problem and same message.

How can I deliver every changes in my Workspace to the stream by default?
Maybe I do not find correctly, Which are the options for deliver in this case?

Note: I could see in JazzNet some articles about that, and the people are using API, or some RTC properties. I am not neither RTC expert or Java expert, for that I try to avoid these practices.

Thank you in advance.

2 answers

permanent link
Anurag Rajput (8011623) | answered Jun 03 '13, 5:57 a.m.
edited Jun 03 '13, 6:08 a.m.
 Hi Sergio,

If you don't want to associate work item and comment then for that you need to remove the Precondition Plugin "Required Work items and  Comments" from Operation Behavior.

Regards,
Anurag Rajput

Comments
Sergio González commented Jun 03 '13, 6:07 a.m. | edited Jun 03 '13, 11:09 a.m.

Thank you Anurag and Sridevi. I think I go to try associating one workitem to the changeset, becasue there are more control about the promotions.

Thank you so much.

permanent link
Sridevi Sangaiah (59179) | answered Jun 03 '13, 6:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Sergio,
To get rid of the specified error you should either associate a workitem with the changeset that you want to deliver or you should provide a comment on the changeset that you want to deliver and then run the deliver command. You can associate a workitem to the change set that you want to deliver using the "scm changeset associate" command. You can set a comment on the change set using the "scm changeset comment" command.
Cheers,
Sridevi
RTC SCM CLI

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.