It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can i build test execution report per execution owner for each test suite

Anandeep Sidana (122) | asked Jun 03 '13, 3:28 a.m.
retagged Jun 03 '13, 1:26 p.m. by Laura Kuczarski (21137)
We have different test suites e.g  TS1 with 15 Test cases to be executed by A and B 10. 5 test cases respectively.
How can i build a report to know execution status ( pass, fail,) for respective execution owner per test suite.

Any suggestion will be helpful

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Jun Wang (6077) | answered Jun 03 '13, 4:31 a.m.
Hi, Anandeep,

Your test cases in a test suite have different execution owners, and you would like to see the execution status of each test case in the test suite. Please correct me if I am wrong.

The owners of generated test case results in the test suite result are matching with the executor owner of the test cases in the test suite. We have one OOTB BIRT report "Test Case Results Details of Test Suite Results (Live)" may meet your requirement, or you could customize a Cognos-based report on RRDI to do it. In RRDI, the owner field of test suite element is the execution owners.

Comments
Anandeep Sidana commented Jun 03 '13, 4:47 a.m.

Hi ,

Thanks for your response.

Partially your understanding is correct. I need summary of how many test cases executed vs status ( pass /fail) for different owners.
Precisely if i have say 15 test suites for test plan A,.... i need  summary of how many test cases per suites per owner are executed / not executed and whats the execution status.

e.g. `Summary as list of all test suites per owner - no of test cases- test status . There can be cases where test suite  owner is X, but test cases could be executed by X, Y, Z as execution owner.

We are executing test case from test suite individually.

BTW.. when i tried using Test Case Results Details of Test Suite Results i got following message , can you please help me what  i need to get done to make this work.

CRRDV0017W The report resource with the ID 'execution.MicroewiDetailsofTSER' is not deployed to the selected project area on the server. The report resource is required to save report queries and render results. Ask an administrator for the project area to deploy the report resource to the project area on the server.

VK L commented Jun 03 '13, 5:15 a.m.

Hi Anandeep,

You have to deploy predefined reports to be able to use them -> Try "Deploy templates" option from Reports Menu in the project area & choose this particular template.

Thanks.

Jun Wang commented Jun 03 '13, 5:23 a.m.

The execution owner of test case in a test suite is what your expected owner. But the "Test Case Results Details of Test Suite Results" report can not give you the test case not executed in a test suite (it does not have test case result in the test suite result). But I believe it should be able to customize in RRDI.

Regarding CRRDV0017W, it is because that the report template was not deployed onto your using RQM project. Go to "Reports->Report Resources", then click "Deploy New Resources" button on the top right toolbar (The second icon from left to right), then select "Micro Test Case Results Details of Test Suite Results" template to deploy. After that, you should see it in dashboard. The normal size of the report template name is "Test Case Results Details of Test Suite Results".

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.