It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to start Jazz build engine and showing error that failed to load the JNI shared library.

Sanket Ikhar (1545) | asked Jun 03 '13, 1:24 a.m.
edited Jun 06 '13, 8:38 a.m. by Spencer Murata (2.3k115971)
hi,
I am trying to Jazz build engine but stuck to an error showing that "failed to load the JNI shared library.

Regards,
 Sanket Ikhar

Comments
Josh Crawford commented Jun 03 '13, 7:39 a.m. | edited Jun 03 '13, 7:40 a.m.

Hi Sanket,  what JDK are you using to start the JBE? Could you post the entire stack trace of the failure?

Sandy Grewal commented Jun 03 '13, 8:42 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

One possibility is a mismatch of your System and JBE JVM bitness, can you provide more details and the error stack.

Sanket Ikhar commented Jun 04 '13, 1:07 a.m.

Hi,
I am using JDK 1.7.0.40 (64 bit) to start JBE and eclipse client 4.0.1 (64 bit).
the error statement is-
Failed to load the JNI shared library "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_04\bin..\
jre\bin\server\jvm.dll".

thanks,
Sanket

Accepted answer

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Jun 04 '13, 7:14 a.m.
This issue is typically caused by using 32 bit JVM.
Please make sure C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_04\bin\..\jre\bin\server contains a 64 bit JVM.
Also, make sure eclipse.ini points to this JVM (the -vm argument).
Sanket Ikhar selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sanket Ikhar commented Jun 05 '13, 2:25 a.m.

Dear Piotr, 

Thanks for the answer. I am using JVM of 64 bit and i checked eclipse.ini file, it has -vm argument.
But still same error is reflecting.

Piotr Aniola commented Jun 05 '13, 3:53 a.m.

perhaps the -vm argument is in the wrong place of the file?
Please post your eclipse.ini contents.
Also, please share the result of java -version command from the jre/bin directory.

2 other answers

permanent link
Christophe Lucas (86224948) | answered Mar 21 '15, 10:20 p.m.
Note that I also encountered this error, and it was fully solved simply by launching the same JBE cmd through a DOS command prompt that I had run/launched *as an administrator* (Windows 7, 64-bit).
The JBE cmd I used:
C:\Program Files\IBM\TeamConcertBuild\buildsystem\buildengine\eclipse>jbe -repository https://jazz-team-server:9443/ccm/ -userId build -pass build -engineId jke.production.engine

permanent link
Alan Sampson (93749) | answered Aug 16 '14, 3:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 This tip may also be of assistance: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/JbeOtherPlatforms

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.