It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC - ClearCase Synchronizer: more than one component to one folder

Simon Eickel (1.1k75457) | asked Jun 01 '13, 8:42 a.m.
Hi there,

it's me again with a little question.
As I'm using the synchronizer more and more I have some more questions related to it.
The first is:
Is it possible to map two or more RTC components to one single folder in ClearCase? As I understand the Synchronizer and it's help this topic is not possible.
Why do we need it?
We have a different structure in RTC as in CC. In RTC we have for each part of the product an own components. In RTC all of those parts are "member" of only one folder.
If we now want to synchronize the RTC components to RTC we have to take the "parent folder" as subVOB component.
Example - component structure within RTC and within CC:
Component structure CC and RTC

When I do map the "CompI" from RTC to the "folder1" in CC the dir "CompI" will be synchronized with all the subdirs correctly on the correct place within CC. The question is now - am I able to set the "CompII" on the same folder within CC that the dir "CompII" can be synchronized correctly, too?

The problem when using the dirs "CompI" and "CompII" as synchronization roots within CC is, that the synchronizer will create a new structure as the Component itself is a folder within CC.

This brings me to my second question within this Jazz.Net entry question-concerning-subcomponent-synchronization

Greetings,
Simon

One answer

permanent link
Masabumi koinuma (46115) | answered Jun 01 '13, 10:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Simon,

I remember you have been trying to come up with your intended structure in ClearCase by symbolic link, like this post :

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/111943/cc-rtc-synchronization-creates-a-wrong-directory

Does similar approach work for you in this case as well?

Comments
Simon Eickel commented Jun 01 '13, 4:47 p.m.

Hi Masabumi,

Yes, I remember Theiß subject and the symbolic links  ;)
Theiß could be a workaround, yes, but the Team dos not linke Symbolic links - based on former results... 

So it wold be more easier if the "More than one component"  solution would work ;)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.