It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Custom Attribute of type Deliverable not accessible via Work Item Script

Matthias Buettgen (23612231) | asked May 28 '13, 9:28 a.m.
Hi,

We've implemented a custom attribute "Fixed in Version" of type Deliverable in our our Defect Work Item.
Unfortunately complex custom attributes are not exposed to the data warehouse, but we need that field for our BIRT reporting.
Therefore my idea was to implement a simple string attribute which is filled by a Calculated Value provider with the Value of the "Fixed in Version" custom attribute every time the value changes.
Now it seems that the value of the "Fixed in Version" attribute is also not accessible by the Calculated Value Java Script.
Did I do anything wrong or is this an as is situation in RTC?
Could this be solved by using a customization implemented in Java?

Thanks for your answers.

Regards
Matthias

One answer

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered May 28 '13, 9:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Matthias,
I don't think you can fetch the value for such attribute type

However - https://jazz.net/library/article/807 contains some code around deliverables. Not sure it is the code you are looking for. 

Hope it helps.
Eric

Comments
Matthias Buettgen commented Jun 12 '13, 10:37 a.m.

Hi Eric,

After digging through the Java API and going through the RTC Extension Workhop I'm able to fetch the string value of the complex attribute.
Anyway I'm currently not able to update the work item.
But let me explain what I did:
I've created a follow-up action which is triggered when a work item is saved. Within this action I fetch the string value fo the complex attribute and want to write it to a custom string attribute of that work item.
First I thought that it's possible to set the attribute value during the action but that doesn't work.
Therefore I create a working copy of the work item, set attribute value on that copy and try to use one of the "workItemServer.saveWorkItem" methods from com.ibm.team.workitem.service.IWorkItemServer to save the copy.
Unfortunately this results in a kind of loop which means the follow-up action is permanently called once the work item has been saved.
Is there a way to prevent such a loop or do I simply use the wrong way to set the value?

Regards
Matthias

Matthias Buettgen commented Jun 13 '13, 4:29 a.m.

Erik,

I got it to work.

Thanks for your ideas and regards
Matthias

Eric Jodet commented Jun 13 '13, 4:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Matthias,

sorry for not answering earlier - I got stuck with some urgent stuff.
However - glad you got it working.

Thanks
Eric.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.