It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Bulk Move Work Items between Project Areas in RTC 4.0.2

chen fengmiao (7032932) | asked May 28 '13, 8:43 a.m.

Hello,

I read the wiki article:https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/BulkMoveWorkItemsBetweenProjectAreasInRTC4,

Is this article only apply in RTC4.0,not in RTC4.0.1or RTC4.0.2? I download the jar zip attach to this wiki page,but I donnot know to overwriting an existing file ,where is the existing file ? why the install way in 4.0 different from 3.0.1 https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/BulkMoveWorkItemsBetweenProjectAreasInRTC3 ?

otherone can success install this jar? please tell the install way ,thank you!

2 answers

permanent link
Michael Alberda (2311347) | answered Sep 02 '15, 9:12 a.m.
Hi Alex,

How did you run the -clean? I have added the jars to the plugins folder (IntalltionDirectory\scmtools\eclipse\plugins). I then ran eclipse.exe -clean. However the Move/Copy option is still unavailable when selecting multiple work items.

Is there perhaps something I am missing? I am using RTC v4.0 eclipse client with CLM v5.0.2.

Thank-you,
Regards,
Michael Alberda

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered May 28 '13, 9:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Chen,
as stated on the Wiki, Bulk Move Work Items between Project Areas is a feature that we do not officially support,
and which has documented restrictions.

This feature is a patch for the RTC Client.
As it's Eclipse based, the patch for 3.0 or 4.0 does NOT install top 4.0.1 or 4.0.2

You may want to patch a dedicated 4.0 Client to move your 4.0.1 or 4.0.2 work items.

Thanks.
Eric.

Comments
chen fengmiao commented May 29 '13, 9:08 p.m.

sorry,I want to patch a dedicated 4.0 eclipse client. But how to dedicated it? 

Eric Jodet commented May 30 '13, 12:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello,

by dedicated Eclipse Client - I was meaning a 4.0 Eclipse Client that will be used to bulk move work items only.
For standard / normal operation, you may want to use an Eclipse Client version that matches your server version (4.0.1 or 4.0.2)

Thanks

Alex Akilov commented Jul 18 '14, 4:12 p.m. | edited Jul 18 '14, 4:18 p.m.

Eric,

I installed a 4.0 client and dropped the plugins into the plugins folder.  However, the Move/Copy action is grayed out if I multiple select several work items. 
Update.  Forgot the -clean.  That cleared it up and it worked.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.