It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC: Work Item Editor Presentation Attribute "hideIfEndpointEmpty" does not work in the web-ui

Markus Nosse (15112828) | asked May 27 '13, 8:09 a.m.
edited May 28 '13, 4:35 a.m.
All,

I was trying to hide a presentation as long as a certain link type is empty for a given work item. According to article 130 (jazz.net/library/article/130), I configured a property with key="hideIfEndpointEmpty" for the editor presentation.

Unfortunately, this does not work in the web UI (RTC 4.0.2).

I think the reason why this does not work is in the JavaScript which handles this property:

JavaScript Snippet from WorkItemProxyClient.js (/com.ibm.team.workitem.web/resources/cache/internal/WorkItemProxyClient.js). According to FireBug, this is starting at line 955:

if(propertyMap.hideIfEndpointEmpty == "true") {
    var endpointArray = propertyMap.hideIfEndpointEmpty.split("/");
    if(endpointArray && endpointArray.length > 0) {

The if statement in the first line checks if the property's value has been set to "true", while in the next line the value is split in tokens using "/" as delimiter. According to Article 130, the intended value of this property is the ID of the enpoint, so the if statement is wrong. It should only test for a non-null value and then proceed with splitting the endpoint ID into tokens.

Any chance that this will be fixed in the near future?

Thanks!
Markus

2 answers

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered May 27 '13, 9:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Markus,
If after reading the above linked work items, you still have the feeling that you're facing a defective behavior,
please feel free to open a defect against Work Item Component.

Thanks.
Eric.

Comments
Markus Nosse commented May 28 '13, 4:38 a.m.

Hi Eric,

thanks for providing the links to these related defects. Since the functionality is still broken, I will create a new defect and include my analysis from the original post, hoping that the dev team will be able to fix this problem.

Thanks
MArkus

permanent link
Markus Nosse (15112828) | answered May 28 '13, 4:45 a.m.
I have created a new defect, related to the mentioned ones. Here is the link:

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=266818

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.