It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Process Template with Test Plans

Kiran Nagara (10741823) | asked May 27 '13, 4:32 a.m.
retagged May 31 '13, 12:46 p.m. by Laura W. Hinson (16126)
Can we create a Process Template in RQM to hold Master Test Plan and n Child Test Plan and use the Process template to Create New Project Area, So the new project area will have 1 Master Test Plan and n Child Test Plan?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Bob Gallagher (3211) | answered May 30 '13, 7:34 a.m.
In 4.0.3 new features have been added to the artifact template support.

https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-quality-manager/milestones/4.0.3M3?p=news#TOC_C
Kiran Nagara selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kiran Nagara commented May 30 '13, 10:16 a.m.

@ Bod... Can we use the Artifact templates while creating the Lifecycle project either in next version of RQM or Current/next ver of RRC...

Anyways thanks for the info...

Bob Gallagher commented May 30 '13, 12:55 p.m.

artifact templates can be exported as part of the Process Tempate which would then be used to for creating new projects. 

2 other answers

permanent link
Stephane Leroy (1.4k149) | answered May 27 '13, 10:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Kiran,

it's difficult to understand what you're trying to implement here.

You might want to refer to the following references:
  • Creating master and child test plans: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_create_master_testplan.html
  • Defining custom workflows for test artifacts: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_define_custom_workflow.html

Regards,

Stéphane

Comments
Kiran Nagara commented May 27 '13, 10:59 a.m.

Let me make my query simpler... I have a Project area and I have created a Test Plan... I want the same test plan to be available in my new project area, So can I have the test plan in my process template which will be used to create new PA?

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered May 28 '13, 4:05 a.m.
One thing you can try is to check with JKEBanking sample. In the sample RQM PA, you can see that a testplan
is created for you with 3 child test plans. If you use Eclipse client and check with the source code of sample RQM process template and search for test plan, you will see how they are defined in the template. You can then do the similar things in your own RQM template and it should work for you as well. By default, RQM does not expose those info in project area's source code hence you cannot extract the template as what RTC can do.

Comments
Kiran Nagara commented May 28 '13, 4:59 a.m.

Thanks Don: In RRC we have Process template & Project template, Process template will have proces specification and Project Template can hold the Templates, Folder structures, etc... Similarly, I wanted to have the Test Plan created in one project (Either Master child or not) area and extract the template and use the extracted process template to create new PA (which once created will have the test plan) Basically the idea is... One of my PA is having 3 phases of testing, Say SIT, QA & UAT, every phase has diff test plan, Now whenever I create the PA for diff projects, I dont want to create Master Test Plan and 3 Child Test plan SIT, QA & UAT... I want it to be created automatically by customising the Process Template...

Any help is appreciated... 

Don Yang commented May 29 '13, 9:16 p.m.

Hi, Kiran.
The only way I can think about is to use the one I suggested previously as by default those created test plans(master or child) won't reflect into the source code.
Therefore, please create JKEBanking sample applications. Then go to Eclipse client
and check with Money That Matters process template under process template view.
Then go to Process Configuration Source and search for Test Plan and you will find the predefined test plan(master and child) are available there in the sample.
You can then put similar things(same format but different test plan name etc)
into your own process template's source code.
then try to create a Project Area from the template and see if you got what you want.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.