It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"CRJAZ0527I Failed to lookup datasource." when running repotools with a J2EE data source

Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | asked May 24 '13, 2:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited May 24 '13, 2:33 p.m.
Hello,

A customer recently reported this issue. I share it here to help others who may encounter the same.

When doing a migration to a new version, addTables fails. Here are the relevant lines from the stack trace:

2013-05-17 10:03:58,412 CRJAZ1093I The following service class was not activated: "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionPoolService"
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1092I The service class "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionPoolService" failed during activation
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: CRJAZ0520I Failed to create the connection pool.
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionPoolService.activate(ConnectionPoolService.java:117)
Caused by: com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: CRJAZ0527I Failed to lookup datasource.
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.DataSourceConnectionPool.<init>(DataSourceConnectionPool.java:47)
Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name jdbc is not bound in this Context

Jazz is setup to use a J2EE data source. What is going on?

I will provide the answer in my next post.

Ruby

Martha (Ruby) Andrews
Jazz L3 Foundation Developer

One answer

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered May 24 '13, 2:35 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is an enhancement request related to this. It has been closed with a workaround. For details, see repotools does not support com.ibm.team.repository.db.type = J2EE (151547)

It is not possible for repotools to work with a J2EE connection because repotools doesn't run inside a J2EE container. The workaround is to use a JDBC connection when running repotools. This can be done in any of the following ways:
 -- copy the existing teamserver.properties file. In the copy, change the com.ibm.team.repository.db.type property to be JDBC. Specify the copy using the teamserver.properties argument to repotools
OR
 -- manually override the VMARGS com.ibm.team.repository.db.type argument when running the command. Here is an example of doing so on Linux:
 $ VMARGS=-Dcom.ibm.team.repository.db.type=JDBC ./repotools-jts.sh -createTables

Ruby
Martha (Ruby) Andrews
Jazz L3 Foundation Developer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.