It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"CRJAZ0527I Failed to lookup datasource." when running repotools with a J2EE data source

Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | asked May 24 '13, 2:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited May 24 '13, 2:33 p.m.
Hello,

A customer recently reported this issue. I share it here to help others who may encounter the same.

When doing a migration to a new version, addTables fails. Here are the relevant lines from the stack trace:

2013-05-17 10:03:58,412 CRJAZ1093I The following service class was not activated: "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionPoolService"
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1092I The service class "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionPoolService" failed during activation
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: CRJAZ0520I Failed to create the connection pool.
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionPoolService.activate(ConnectionPoolService.java:117)
Caused by: com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: CRJAZ0527I Failed to lookup datasource.
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.DataSourceConnectionPool.<init>(DataSourceConnectionPool.java:47)
Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name jdbc is not bound in this Context

Jazz is setup to use a J2EE data source. What is going on?

I will provide the answer in my next post.

Ruby

Martha (Ruby) Andrews
Jazz L3 Foundation Developer

One answer

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered May 24 '13, 2:35 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is an enhancement request related to this. It has been closed with a workaround. For details, see repotools does not support com.ibm.team.repository.db.type = J2EE (151547)

It is not possible for repotools to work with a J2EE connection because repotools doesn't run inside a J2EE container. The workaround is to use a JDBC connection when running repotools. This can be done in any of the following ways:
 -- copy the existing teamserver.properties file. In the copy, change the com.ibm.team.repository.db.type property to be JDBC. Specify the copy using the teamserver.properties argument to repotools
OR
 -- manually override the VMARGS com.ibm.team.repository.db.type argument when running the command. Here is an example of doing so on Linux:
 $ VMARGS=-Dcom.ibm.team.repository.db.type=JDBC ./repotools-jts.sh -createTables

Ruby
Martha (Ruby) Andrews
Jazz L3 Foundation Developer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.