It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to move/import code from an RTC v2 server to an RTC v4 server?

Matthew Hamann (111) | asked May 24 '13, 11:12 a.m.
I have a large amount of code stored within an old RTC v2 repository that is still active. I have a newer RTC v4 environment that I would like to migrate to (just the code).

Is it possible to copy or import the existing code from the RTC v2 instance over to the RTC v4 instance? Is there any straightforward way of doing this? Ideally, I'd like to preserve history, etc.

Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered May 24 '13, 5:23 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
One approach is to create another V2 repository (e.g., called "repo-clone"), use distributed deliver to deliver the streams in your original V2 repository to the repo-clone repository.   Then upgrade repo-clone from V2 to V4, and then use distributed deliver to deliver the repo-clone streams to your V4 repository.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 24 '13, 11:17 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Matthew,

as far as I am aware, you can't use distributed SCM (see https://jazz.net/library/article/535) across versions. You could upgrade the old server to the same version of the new one and then use distributed SCM. This would allow you to replicate the code (Streams etc) with history over.

Other wise you would have to just import the code into an Eclipse workspace and share it into the new server.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.