It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Required Property fields stop working

Mickey Roash (9021616) | asked May 23 '13, 5:00 p.m.
 Hi ,

we have project on the RTC Server 4.0.2 our Required Property fields stops working ,when I create new work item non of the fields are marks as required .
I do not know when it stops worked , maybe it happened after upgrading Server from 4.01. to 4.0.2 but I ma not sure .
any idea what can cause this ?

Thanks,
Mickey  

3 answers

permanent link
Mickey Roash (9021616) | answered Jun 04 '13, 4:17 a.m.
I was not able to find were is the problem in the operational behavior .
I restore the XML source of the project to a time that it was working , but it did not fixed it  .
I had notice that the  "Required Properties" is no longer list "Team Configuration" ->  "Operation behavior " -> "Save Work Item (Server) " -> preconditions , Is that OK ?

permanent link
Kot T. (1.5k11219) | answered May 24 '13, 10:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you suspect there could be some changes to the process template, you may also want to check to see whether there is any recent update to the project's process configuration. In the Eclipse client, open the project. On the 'Process Configuration Source' tab, right click in the page and select 'Show History'.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 24 '13, 2:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

does this stop for all roles or only for a few of them? I am not aware of a defect. I would check the operational behavior for work item save (server) for its configuration. Make sure the operational is configured correctly, in case there were any older operations deprecated.

I would also make sure that the operational behavior is only configured for the everyone role and there is no override for any other role. If you accidentally check just the "Preconditions and follow up actions are configured...." check box for another role and do keep the rest of the configuration blank for a role, users with that role will not have anything configured in that context. The same holds true for overriding operational behavior in the timeline configuration for the project/team.

I have seen a lot of confusion, because few people really grasp how operational behavior really works. See https://jazz.net/library/article/292 for more information.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.