It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot See Custom Attributes when creating new Work Item

Robert Carter (42928589) | asked May 22 '13, 5:56 p.m.
I have create a single text field custom attribute to the built-in work item Task in the simple process template.  I have updated the appropriate editor presentations to display the custom attribute.

I am able to create a new Work Item in the Web Interface and use the new attribute.

I am able to create a new Work Item in the RTC Client and use the new attribute.

I have enabled the require work item on deliver check precondition.  If I try to perform a delivery with a change set that does not have a Work Item, the precondition stops me.  In the adviser dialog box, I click on the link to create new work item to resolve this error.  When the dialog appears my, custom attribute does not show.

Do you know which editor presentation I need to update for this dialog box?  I have updated all 4 editor presentations for the simple process template for work Item.  Is there another place I would need to do this?

3 answers

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered May 23 '13, 8:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Under Editor Presentations, com.ibm.team.workitem.web.online there would a tab corresponding to Task's Inline Work Item Editor.  Add a presentation for the new attribute here and check if it helps.

To reach to the Editor Presentations:
Open Project Area In Eclipse Client > Project Configuration > configuration data > Work Items > Editor Presentations > com.ibm.team.workitem.web.inline

hope it helps.

permanent link
abhishek patti (9134) | answered May 22 '13, 8:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered May 22 '13, 6:00 p.m.
that is the Inline editor presentation config.. you have to add the custom attribute to that editor as well.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.