It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot See Custom Attributes when creating new Work Item

Robert Carter (42928589) | asked May 22 '13, 5:56 p.m.
I have create a single text field custom attribute to the built-in work item Task in the simple process template.  I have updated the appropriate editor presentations to display the custom attribute.

I am able to create a new Work Item in the Web Interface and use the new attribute.

I am able to create a new Work Item in the RTC Client and use the new attribute.

I have enabled the require work item on deliver check precondition.  If I try to perform a delivery with a change set that does not have a Work Item, the precondition stops me.  In the adviser dialog box, I click on the link to create new work item to resolve this error.  When the dialog appears my, custom attribute does not show.

Do you know which editor presentation I need to update for this dialog box?  I have updated all 4 editor presentations for the simple process template for work Item.  Is there another place I would need to do this?

3 answers

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered May 23 '13, 8:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Under Editor Presentations, com.ibm.team.workitem.web.online there would a tab corresponding to Task's Inline Work Item Editor.  Add a presentation for the new attribute here and check if it helps.

To reach to the Editor Presentations:
Open Project Area In Eclipse Client > Project Configuration > configuration data > Work Items > Editor Presentations > com.ibm.team.workitem.web.inline

hope it helps.

permanent link
abhishek patti (9134) | answered May 22 '13, 8:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered May 22 '13, 6:00 p.m.
that is the Inline editor presentation config.. you have to add the custom attribute to that editor as well.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.