It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Validation of user licenses failed. You must have at least one client access license assigned to your user

William Robinson (3165) | asked May 22 '13, 11:50 a.m.

I'm and Admin and have licenses for:

- Rational Quality Manager Quality Professional

- Rational Requirements Composer - Analyst

- Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management Practitioner

- Rational Team Concert Developer (and Build System)

When I go to create a lifecycle project using the Quality Professional, Analyst, Developer template, I receive the following error (on a new install of 4.0.2)

Error instantiating the template: Validation of user licenses failed. You must have at least one client access license assigned to your user.

hide details

Error Stacktrace:

com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.TaskException: Validation of user licenses failed. You must have at least one client access license assigned to your user.
at com.ibm.team.lpa.tasks.LicenseValidationTask.validateLicense(LicenseValidationTask.java:90)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.tasks.LicenseValidationTask.runTask(LicenseValidationTask.java:64)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.common.tasks.AbstractTask.run(AbstractTask.java:56)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.CompositeTask.run(CompositeTask.java:208)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.CompositeTask$MonitoredSubTask.run(CompositeTask.java:124)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.CompositeTask.run(CompositeTask.java:208)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.common.tasks.LoggingCompositeTask.run(LoggingCompositeTask.java:37)
at com.ibm.team.lpa.automation.AsyncTask$TaskRunner.run(AsyncTask.java:40)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:738)

It seems as though I have all possible licenses. What could be the problem?

One answer

permanent link
William Robinson (3165) | answered May 22 '13, 12:23 p.m.

After a restart of the server, it works!

Can't say why this happened. After the initial install, the server had been restarted at least once previously. In any case, it works now.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.