It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 4.0.1 Requirement CR

Len Stockdale (1412123) | asked May 22 '13, 6:56 a.m.

Hello

In RTC 4.0.1 in Process Configuration > Change Management Type Binding. 

What does the Requirement CR option control. We know the Implementation Request controls the work item type that is created from RRM.

Thanks

Len

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jim Ruehlin (79114) | answered May 22 '13, 7:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm not an expert on this, but I believe this is used to support external RM tools that want to use RTC to mange change requests to requirements (as opposed to CRs for software). This option maps the OSLC-defined alias "Requirement CR" to an RTC work item type.

So an external product (like DOORS) can use RTC to manage change request to requirements. The selected RTC WI type is what's used to mange those requirement CRs.

You can see an example of how to use RTC to manage requirement CRs in DOORS here: https://jazz.net/library/LearnItem.jsp?href=content/articles/rtc/3.0/configuring-doors-and-rtc-to-integrate/index.html
Len Stockdale selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented May 23 '13, 3:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I agree, this seems to be the place where you control which work item type is created from the external tool and also relates to the workflow to indicate certain main points in the workflow mapping back to the other tools artifact workflows.

One other answer

permanent link
Karl Weinert (2.0k52736) | answered May 22 '13, 1:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I found this in the mapping section of the 4.0.2 Information center:

In the Requirement CR row, select the work item type to map to a requirement change request.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.