It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Managing Eclipse plugins

Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | asked May 22 '13, 5:25 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi all

Bit off-topic - but came up when talking about installing RTC as an Eclipse plugin.  Has anyone come across a way to manage what plugins are installed, and where they are installed from across many different Eclipse instances?  This is for a large, very disitributed organisation. 

I have not found anything so far, but wondered if anyone else had solved the problem.

thanks

anthony

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 22 '13, 6:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Anthony,

I don't think there is an easy solution for that. The solution, I am proposing today is to use a ZIP Eclipse install and then installing RTC and other plugins into that, keeping it compressible. This works with a lot of extensions. That way you can provide people with some "Standard" packages that can be distributed by copying or other means.

This might not work with additional tools that need installation Manager, at least I am not sure.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented May 22 '13, 7:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Another way might be to provide your own Eclipse update sites in the company that provide the plugins you are supposed to be using.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.