It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I add custom attribute to file?

Takeo Kunai (111) | asked May 21 '13, 3:51 a.m.

I need to create some custom attributes for each file under CM of RTC.

I found some tutorials for creating custom attributes in WorkItem, I found no articles for file.

Is there a way to do so? Could you give some information about that?

2 answers

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered May 21 '13, 4:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
i am afraid, i am not sure if i understand the question completely but here are my cents...

yes, while its possible to add custom attributes to work items, work items are not same as a source controlled file.  Though the File's content is modifiable and sharable through the source control operations supported by RTC, modifying the attributes of the file itself is not possible.

the attributes of the files in source control can be listed in the SCM Properties view, more on it is discussed in an earlier post : Jazz SCM Properties Eclipse View

if its something i dint get right, could you please add more details to clarify what you are trying...

Comments
Takeo Kunai commented May 21 '13, 6:40 a.m.

Thank you for your response.

What I am trying is:
1. to store HTML files in RTC
2. to store also link information(i.e. <A> tags in HTML) of each HTML file
in RTC
3. using the informations stored above, search linked-from HTML or
linking-to HTML of given HTML file. ( search function should be created as
a custom web application)

To realize above, I need to make custom attributes to file properties.
( So, what I am trying is NOT to modify attributes of the file itself)

Best regards,

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 21 '13, 8:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
From the description above, I don't really understand what you intent. If you say store HTML files in RTC, do you mean version in Jazz SCM? Or where do you want to store and link the files?

It is possible to store user properties in SCM - they are versioned. On a file under SCM right click and select properties. In the Properties select Jazz Source Control>User Properties. You can store text here. The property has a name and can hold a value.

You can use the API to do this as well, however, you would have to write your own automation to be able to easily access them in the UI and do the navigation.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.