It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to reconnect to project area in rational team concert (RTC).

Kenery Wang (6411727) | asked May 21 '13, 3:50 a.m.
edited May 21 '13, 3:57 a.m.
Now I have an user named "Bob" used to be a member in a project area called "Testing Project".

When I once removed Bob out of the "Testing Project", how can I make Bob reconnect to "Testing Project"?

That means, I use another member already in "Testing Project" to add Bob to the project area again.

However, Bob can't find the "Testing Project" in his "Manage connected project areas..." window.

Even Bob tries to accept the team invitation there will prompt up an error message as "Couldn't find the project area specified in the team invitation:"Testing Project".

The content of team invitation as follows:
teamRepository=https:/<server>:9443/ccm/
userId=bob
userName=Bob
projectAreaName=Testing Project

BTW, I am using the version 4.0 of RTC.

Can anyone help me on this?
Thanks a lot!

Kenery

Accepted answer

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered May 21 '13, 4:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
i would start with verifying the Project Area members list to make sure it lists Bob again with proper roles

then verify the repository connection to ensure the repository where the project area resides is the one you are attempting to search the project area from.. this is to be able to see the project areas from "Manage Connected Project Areas" from the repository connection.

get the url to the project area from other members who can access and try using the web client with Bob's login to see if that works... to rule out the possibility that the mail template was altered and lists the project area name incorrectly....

i know my post does not give an answer to you but it might help in understanding the situation better...

Kenery Wang selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kenery Wang commented May 21 '13, 4:37 a.m. | edited May 21 '13, 4:47 a.m.

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

First, I'm sure I have added Bob to the project.

Then I connect to the only one jazz repository in my RTC, so it might not be the problem of connecting to the wrong repository.

Finally, I login to the project as Bob on web client, it shows an error message as following sentences:

"This project area cannot be accessed. Users must have the required read permissions to access this project area. For more details, open the help system and search for CRJAZ6058E. ID CRJAZ6058E"

Bob still cannot reconnect to the project...

Dinesh Kumar B commented May 21 '13, 5:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

the error message suggests lack of read access :

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.messages.CLMic%2FCRJAZ6058E.html

and to what i understand removing a member from the project area removes read access to the user.

However, as per my understanding, when the user is added back he should get the read access..

I did a quick test with my setup and was able to remove the member and add him back with the proper access restored automatically.  So, i guess something else is breaking in your case or the issue is specific to the version/build you are using....

Kenery Wang commented May 21 '13, 5:21 a.m.

Yes, it supposes to be restored the read access permission automatically while member being added back to the project.

So, do you know how to restore the read access permission to the member manually?

And what version of RTC your are using currently?

Thanks for the reply.

Dinesh Kumar B commented May 21 '13, 6:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

one more quick verification to do is the way the project area access has been setup.

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.platform.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_restricting_read_access_to_project_web.html

if access is restricted to the members of the access list only, apart from adding the user as a member, you will have to additionally add the user to one of the access lists of the project area.

One other answer

permanent link
Sharath Krishna (3214) | answered Oct 20 '16, 4:47 a.m.
edited Oct 20 '16, 4:51 a.m.

Kenery Wang,

Changing the role of Bob will solve your problem. It is clear to see that bob does'nt have required permissions to access the project area, and that it is specific to the version you are using. Sorry, if this doesn't help.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.