It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to map RRC artifacts to specific RTC workitem types

James Cole (9532430) | asked May 20 '13, 11:15 a.m.
 Hi All, 

I would to generate a set of work items based on the requirements set-up in RRC mapped by type.

For example, a requirement feature would map to a task, whereas a software requirement would map to a business need.

I know that I can create a collection, which can contain several artifacts. If I implement this collection by a plan, then I can create all the work items. However, it does not give me the flexibility to decide what work item type to create. 

Is there somewhere in the administration that you can decide what work items are created based on a particular artifact?

Also it would be worthwhile to be able to create work items based on a used case flow diagram?

Are these possible?

Many Thanks

James

2 answers

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Jun 10 '13, 10:59 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi James,

I'm not aware of any feature to support what you are looking for. However, you are welcome to open an enhancement work item where you can detail and request such a feature be considered.

permanent link
Yvonne Dubreuil (133) | answered Sep 19 '13, 10:47 a.m.
Even a simple enhancement of exposing the "Type" attribute when you generate the workitems, would be great.  Example: from a collection of RRC Feature artifacts from the default agile requirements template, create Epic workitems from the scrum template.  The existing behavior automatically creates Story workitems instead.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.