It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Change Flow Target - Detecting Changed Files

Scott Exton (1143) | asked May 20 '13, 2:03 a.m.
I am currently using the 'Change Flow Target' option within RTC to handle the synchronisation of change sets between multiple streams (in particular I am using this functionality to handle the back-porting of code fixes to older releases of the source code).

Unfortunately I made a mistake at one point and dropped a large number of files into one of the older streams.  I reversed these file changes, but I now get conflicts whenever I change the flow target back to this older stream, even when there are no actual differences in the files themselves.

How does Jazz work out whether a conflict exists?  Does it purely use the history of the file, or does it use some other mechanism?

Is there a way to manually re-sync these files so that I don't get these unnecessary conflicts whenever I change the flow target? 

Thanks,

Scott.

One answer

permanent link
VK L (8177154159) | answered May 20 '13, 6:05 a.m.
 Hi Scott,
                  You can generate a baseline out of the actual set from the working stream [source] and apply it to the target stream [non-sync]. The option is "replace with baseline" - at the individual component level & you can choose the required stream and baseline.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.