It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Adding custom buttons and macros to a work item ?

Paul Grayem (21810) | asked May 17 '13, 6:31 a.m.
How far can we customize these work items?

I'm looking at adding a custom button to a particular work item that will fire of the automatic creation of a child work item that copies some of the other data from parent work item

I know this can be done via extract wok item but its a bit long winded considering our process always follows the same method and we raise 100s of these child work items daily?

Thanks in advance Paul 

3 answers

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103) | answered May 20 '13, 3:43 a.m.
Hi Paul,
I have created additional work item attribute which value has been calculated using Script based calculated value: https://jazz.net/library/article/1003/#calc-values and was returning address to the external web service. I was passing all parameters to the web service using GET attribute so the address included all parameters. Here is sample value returned by my calculated value script http://web-service/createchild?workitemid=10 (this is example for openend work item number 10)
Clicking on this link displayed in the work item caused redirection to web service and creating parent for work item 10.
Let me know if it helps for you.

permanent link
Paul Grayem (21810) | answered May 17 '13, 6:40 a.m.
 Could you expand your answer please. How do raise this to a web service?

Best regards Paul

Ps. I've only been tinkering with this for a few weeks after our company expert walked out!

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103) | answered May 17 '13, 6:37 a.m.
Hello Paul,
I was trying to extend work item by raising certain action. What I have done was creating the link to any external web serbvice which has perfomed all the stuff. You can try doing the same.

Best regards,
Krzysztof Kazmierczyk

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.