It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ClearCase UCM and RTC: how do they get connected?

CM 2006 (18911) | asked May 17 '13, 12:12 a.m.
 Hello,

Assuming I work with ClearCase UCM V8 and RTC V4. My activities are connected with RTC work-items through bridge or synchronizer connectors.

Does it mean that for any given work-item, I can retrieve somehow his linked activity's ID ?
and vice versa? Can I retrieve from the activity his linked work-item's ID?

If so, please let me know where I can find technical info how to retrieve it. Thanks in advance!

2 answers

permanent link
Masabumi koinuma (46115) | answered May 17 '13, 12:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited May 17 '13, 1:25 a.m.
Hi,

You can find videos about how to use ClearCase bridge from this article:
 Rational Team Concert and Rational ClearCase - Integration Cookbook

If you are looking for a way to retrieve it programatically, the link from work item is available via OSLC, and the link from UCM activity is available by cleartool describe ( your VOB has to be feature level 7 or higher in order to see the link in cleartool describe ) .

The sample code of accessing CC Bridge OSLC link is available at:
Using ClearCase triggers to implement ClearCase Bridge capabilities in Rational Team Concert or
Migrating from a ClearCase-ClearQuest integration to a ClearCase-Rational Team Concert integration

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered May 17 '13, 12:35 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited May 17 '13, 12:40 a.m.
The details depend on whether or not you are using ClearQuest ... since you haven't mentioned ClearQuest, I'll assume you are not using ClearQuest.   In that case, you would be using the ClearCase Bridge to link RTC work items to UCM activities.   A couple of ways to navigate from a UCM activity to its associated RTC work items would be from the UCM activity context menu or from the UCM activity property page.  To navigate from an RTC work item to its associated UCM activities, you would use the links tab of the RTC work item.   Details can be found at:
https://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m2/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.team.connector.scm.cc.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_bridge_intro.html

Or are you interested in the API that would let you programatically perform this navigation?

Comments
CM 2006 commented May 17 '13, 12:42 a.m.
Thank you Geoffrey.
Yes, I need the API please (for a given WI and activity that are already linked).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.