It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Importing large amounts of SVN data into Jazz SCM

Daniel Toczala (88211514) | asked May 15 '13, 4:10 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have a team in Toronto that is trying to import SVN data into RTC, and things are just not working right.  Some of this may be their environment, which we need to check out.  These guys claim that the Eclipse client keeps on crashing whenever they attempt to do imports from SVN.  They are on RTC 4.0.2., and are running with DB2 Express-C as the DB.  RTC is running on a VM running Redhat, with 6GB of memory, and 4 cores.

has anyone seen anything like this?

Comments
Daniel Toczala commented May 15 '13, 4:18 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented May 16 '13, 3:45 a.m.

Hi Daniel,
If this is a crash, you should look into cores generated to see which method is already crashing. Have you already done that?
You can also consider opening new PMR for that.

2 answers

permanent link
Mark Richmond (5144) | answered May 15 '13, 9:07 p.m.
 To follow up Josh's comment it would be very useful to examine the eclipse log. I have experienced situations where it ran out of java heap and we were at the limit on 32 bit windows system see: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2457514/understanding-max-jvm-heap-size-32bit-vs-64bit/ 
Switching to a 64 bit Eclipse and JRE allowed us to allocate more heap. 

permanent link
Josh Crawford (984615) | answered May 15 '13, 4:18 p.m.
 Hi Dan,  we've seen a few problems importing large SVN dump files into RTC.  Some of these have ended up being defects some have been addressed via temporary JVM settings in the eclipse.ini for the RTC client.    Some work items that come to mind: Performance issues importing large SVN dump file. (251948) That is in the private support PA.  It would be useful to look at their eclipse .log file too to see what type of exceptions they are running into.  If the client is crashing I'm wondering if they are hitting an out of memory type exception. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.