It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I know who delivered a change set to a stream?

Tim Feeney (30745745) | asked May 13 '13, 5:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
retagged Jun 09 '14, 10:57 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
How can I determine who has delivered a change set to a stream, specifically in the stream to stream delivery case.  I know from Eclipse, you should be able to right click on a stream and select Show > Events....but, it isn't working per work item 249774.  I know I can use the SCM command line to compare a component from two different streams and the result will indicate who delivered the change set.  If I do that for all components in a stream I will get the necessary detail.  Are there any alternate ways to get that information? 

2 answers

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Jun 09 '14, 10:37 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Tim, we delivered functionality which helps with your use case in Story 304215 (See https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/304215). This story will provide "Added By" and "Date Added" columns to the History view in Eclipse and Visual Studio, as well as the corresponding CLI commands. This will let you see exactly when a change set was added to a stream and by who. To view the history, select a component under the stream you are interested in and invoke the "Show" --> "History" context menu action.

This Story has been completed for RTC 5.0.1 Sprint 1. See the following wiki for UI screenshots of this feature: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/AddedByInfoInHistoryView. (This wiki also shows the CLI commands used to show the history and the dates).

permanent link
Josh Crawford (984615) | answered May 13 '13, 5:29 p.m.

Comments
Tim Feeney commented May 14 '13, 9:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks Josh.  I'm aware of that post.  In fact, Geoff Clemm told that the hover feature he mentioned in his answer doesn't seem to be available in 4.0.2.  I'll have to confirm whether that is intended or a momentary step back.  Even so, having to hover over each entry in the history is not so efficient.  It would be better if it were in the history view per work item 113130 referenced by the post.  

Geoffrey Clemm commented May 18 '13, 11:27 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Note: I ran the test again in 4.0.2, and the hover showed up as it has in previous versions ... not sure why I wasn't seeing it in my earlier test.   So hover continues to be the only way to get this info (and I agree with Tim that it would be preferable to have the info available as a column in the display).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.