It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What does the message "Key is already set for type stringExtensions" mean?

Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | asked May 13 '13, 11:05 a.m.
I recently added a new attribute to a work item and we are hitting errors with it.

My new attribute is an Enumeration List (with a set of string values in the enumeration) and it is added to the Editor as a Picker Enumeration List.

When using the Web Client, we are getting the error: "Key is already set for type stringExtensions"  when we attempt to add a value from the list and then save the work item.

I have no idea what that error message means or what is the issue.  Any help??
Susan

Comments
Indradri Basu commented May 13 '13, 1:57 p.m.

The steps looks quite correct to me. Have you by any chance renamed the attribute or checked the Allow any value in the presentation?

Susan Hanson commented May 13 '13, 8:58 p.m.

I haven't renamed the attribute and we also don't get this in all of the work items, just some.  I have tried multiple times to resync attributes and nothing seems to work.

I can't find the "Allow any value in the presentation" so I would have to say I haven't check it :-)

Susan

Susan Hanson commented May 13 '13, 10:40 p.m.

I did a bit more investigation:
1) it only fails on EXISTING work items of this type that were created prior to the new attribute even though I have done a Sync Attributes on the work item.
2) in the Eclipse 4.0 RTC client, the selected items are not even showing up in the Picker Enumeration List presentation in the editor.

NEW work items that are created seem to work fine in both Eclipse and web clients.
I'm going to open a PMR for this.

One answer

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered May 14 '13, 6:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Susan,
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/110441/synchronize-attributes-results-in-error-running-operation-synchronizing-attributes-key-is-already-set-for-type-mediumstringextensions-key-is-already-set-for-type-mediumstringextensions might give you some ideas.

Comments
Susan Hanson commented May 14 '13, 7:14 a.m.

Not really.  Neither actually gives any solution.  The client version that is updating the work item isn't an issue in my case, since the web client shows this error, and a 4.0.0.1 Eclipse client actually never gets the selected value from teh dialog box to even be able to save.  It is clearly work items created PRIOR to adding this, and most likely these were created either with a 3.0.1 eclipse client or a web client when the server was running 3.0.1 (based on the date when these were created).

None of the links ever provide a solution on how to get the Enumeration Lists to work in work items that were created prior to migrating to 4.0x
Susan

Kevin Ramer commented Sep 12 '13, 4:19 p.m.

Faced with the same issue. 

WARNING: technical details follow

Doing some looking in the database.  What I'm seeing are numerous rows in model.work_item_string_extensions with the same KEY_COL as many rows in the model.work_item_medium_string_extensions.  The former do NOT have any value in VALUE_COL of the medium_string_extensions table.    In addition, no rows in the string_extensions have same JZ_PARENT_ID (the work item ITEM_ID) as any in the medium_string_extensions table (using key_col='theattributeidinquestion')

Susan, did you ever get PMR help ? ( I have some idea(s) )

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.