It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How does one report on enumerated custom attributes in RTC with Insight

David Mehaffy (90123238) | asked May 10 '13, 10:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I can not find the data for enumerated lists that is for multi-select custom attributes in the data warehouse.  I can find and create reports for enumerated types but not the enumerated list type.  I have run the RTC_WorkitemEnumeration3 (only job I could find to deal with enumerations) manually and none of the attributes for the multi-select enumerations show up in the query.

Is there something I am missing or is this not supported ???

Comments
VK L commented May 10 '13, 11:20 a.m.

It will not appear as its not directly tagged to any attribute. Try mapping the enumeration to some temp attribute and then run ETL Job to check if enumeration gets updated. 

David Mehaffy commented May 10 '13, 4:02 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I have the enumerated list assigned to an attribute and have some workitems using them but we can not find them in the data warehouse - we are using clm 4.0.2 and Insight 1.1.1.1 by the way 

VK L commented May 11 '13, 2:07 a.m.

Multi-select list is formed by assigning the enumeration at the presentation level. So the enumeration does not get detected as a change for the load. 

So, please assign the enumeration itself directly to a new temp attribute and then try your data-load. First the enumeration values have to load into the database and then you can see the associations.

David Mehaffy commented May 16 '13, 1:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I tried that and it did not work - I guess it is a bug 

Luana Santos commented Sep 10 '13, 3:59 p.m.

David, I found out that the enumeration list values are stored in the query subject "REQUEST_STRING_M_EXT". But they are concatenated on a single string. I'm having trouble to join this with the enumeration query subject to get the description name.

How did you resolve your issue? Maybe it would give me an idea to solve mine.

Thanks in advance.

One answer

permanent link
Indradri Basu (1.8k1514) | answered May 10 '13, 3:40 p.m.
Hi Dave, please refer to this article.

Comments
David Mehaffy commented May 10 '13, 4:01 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I think 4.0.2 and 1.1.1.1 already have this and everything works fine for enumerated type attributes.  It only does not work if you make the attribute an enumerated list which allows you to select multiple values. 

Indradri Basu commented May 10 '13, 4:15 p.m.

ahh I missed the "list" and couldn't guess the version. I might give a try and post back if I can figure out.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.