It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem to create the database on SQL Server 2008 R2

Demi Goldberg (1156) | asked May 10 '13, 2:49 a.m.

Hi

I got an error when trying to create tables:

The database creation failed with an exception
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: The database is not set to support case-sensitivity in string comparison operations at com.ibm.team.repository.service.db.provider.CaseSensitivityValidator.checkResultSetSize
Which collation do I need to use in order to create tables ?

2 answers

permanent link
Karl Weinert (2.0k52736) | answered May 10 '13, 5:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Here's the Setting up an SQL Server database section of the 4.0.2 information center
One of the steps is to  run:
ALTER DATABASE jts COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP437_CS_AS

The CS near the end is what indicates the DB should be case sensitive. (CI would indicate Case Insensitive)
I'm pretty sure that value is available from a drop down list if you are creating the database from the GUI interface.

Comments
Josh Crawford commented May 10 '13, 11:35 a.m.

I think Karl's answer is the most plausible.  But I've also seen this exception when the JDBC connection string in the teamserver.properties file is incorrect.   For example:

using:

//<host>:<port>;JTS=jts;<user>=name;password={password}

instead of:
//<host>:<port>;databaseName=jts;user=<name>;password={password}

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k375103) | answered May 10 '13, 3:07 a.m.
Helo Demi,
Are you using Oracle? It seems that you can find your answer here: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21414012
Let me know if it helps for you.

Best regards,
Krzysztof Kazmierczyk

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented May 10 '13, 6:29 a.m.

It seems that I have answered on wrong question. Anyway I will stay this post in case someone else has this issue :)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.